“You’re never too old, never too bad, never too late and never too sick to start from scratch once again.” - Bikram Choudhury
The room temperature is set to a a very comfortable, 98 degrees.
- A challenging yet quiet form of yoga. It is a perfect compliment to all forms of exercise.
- Yin Yoga postures are more passive postures, mainly on the floor.
- Is a slow-paced style of yoga with postures, or asanas, that are held for longer periods of time.
- Is unique in that you are asked to relax in the posture, soften the muscle and move closer to the bone.
- Yin offers a much deeper access to the body. Postures are held b/w two to five minutes
Yin is a form of hatha yoga designed to stretch and release connective tissue in the hips, shoulders, and spine. It works really well with your bikram yoga practice (yang yoga) as they are practiced with opposite intentions. Intention of yin yoga is to relax muscles to exercise joints and tissues. Yin yoga will leave you feeling rejuvenated, not depleted. All levels are welcome, try it!
- Calming and balancing to the mind and body
- Regulates energy in the body
- Increases mobility in the body, especially the joints and hips
- Lowering of stress levels
- Better lubrication and protection of joints
- More flexibility in joints & connective tissue
- Release of fascia throughout the body
- Help with TMJ and migraines
- Deeper Relaxation
- Ultimately you will have a better Yang practice